Saturday, November 19, 2011

Finishing up!

After a long week of bus trips (including two break downs and standing in the rain with our luggage), two days of studying for finals, and then six hours of finals, we finally have a day off. We haven't had a lazy Saturday all semester, so I'm kind of unsure as to what to do with myself! Thus far, I slept until 10:30, watched a movie in bed, kept up with the Duke/GT game, did some online shopping and had a brief meeting with our professor about our upcoming research project!

Speaking of, I'm really excited to start on Wednesday! Our group of four is looking into adolescent dental health here in Coto Brus. We'll be going to the high school and doing dental exams on 6th-8th graders as well as asking them some questions about their dental habits. We're trying to see whether there is a correlation between age and dental health or gender and dental health. (If you want to read our super exciting 14 page research proposal, I can email it to you.) We'll be in the schools Wednesday and Thursday, then crunch numbers and doing some analysis before we present our results to the community on Nov. 30. After that we have a few days to write our research papers before we head back to San Jose. It's hard to believe that in just 17 days I'll be home! While this trip has been great and I'll be sorry to leave the great friends I have here, I am ready for Christmas season back in the U.S. with people I love!

No comments:

Post a Comment