Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving...jungle style

Things I'm thankful for...silly and serious: 
  • The ability to bake brownies for Thanksgiving...even if it means getting soaked in the rain to get them to dinner
  • The fact that I will be home in 11 days and can bake in a clean kitchen with everything I need...and not get rained on
  • Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and pies prepared by wonderful professors and TAs
  • White table cloths that made Thanksgiving dinner festive
  • Spending Thanksgiving with 22 of my newest friends who have become like family
  • Closing out Thanksgiving day playing a hilarious game of charades
  • Getting 71 kids on our first day of research so that we have enough data even though the dentist was sick yesterday
  • A wonderful family that I have missed very much...can't wait to watch Duke basketball with them on Dec. 7!
  • That they let me run off to Durham two days after I get home to see my boyfriend and best friends 
  • A God who loves me with steadfast love and who has forever proven His love for me at the cross
  • A boyfriend who loves me very much and who has helped us grow closer to Christ even while we've been apart from each other
  • Friends who always lift me up in prayer, encourage me and let me be silly
  •  Listening to Christmas music while curled up in sweats doing stats on research 
  • The amazing friendships I've made here; I'm ready to go home, but I know I'm going to miss everyone here
  • Living on West campus in the new Keohane next year
  • Chiky chips...amazing Costa Rican cookies  
  • Getting dressed up for Thanksgiving dinner including makeup and straight hair 
  • The internet that lets me stay in touch with everyone I love (and lets me online shop from afar.)
Pictures of our fancy dinner will come soon! My camera has decided to not work, so I'm waiting for other people to post them on facebook.  

No comments:

Post a Comment